Thursday, June 21, 2007

What is "X"?


Now, to all you griphomaniacs out there, here's a brain teaser for you.



1 ---> 3

2 ---> 3

3 ---> 5

4 ---> 4

5 ---> 4

6 ---> 3

7 ---> 5

8 ---> 5

9 ---> 4

10 ---> X

11 ---> 6

12 ---> 6


So, what is X?

I will not give you the answer yet. :-)

If you think you've got the solution, send me a comment with the answer and the reason for your choice. Who knows, you may get your 5 minutes of internet fame!


*Griphomaniac = A puzzle addict (From the Old Greek word grîphos - "challenging question, enigma")




3 comments:

C&C said...

10 ---> 3

There are three letters in the word 'ten'

I like this kind of puzzle. Well, I studied maths at Uni and I teach English, so you just combined two of my 'specialties'!!!

And don't forget, I'm on holiday so I have more time to figure these things out!

Next puzzle please :-)

eddy|c|s|m said...

Bravo Chris!

Ok. I'm not surprised then, that you solved the puzzle first. I see that you are baby-sitting AND solving puzzles. That's quality holiday time, I'd say.

Until I find another puzzle to post, I'll leave you to do more of that Father-Daughter bonding thingy. Btw, have you started using your Father's Day gift to "hone" your home improvement skills? :-)

C&C said...

No home improvements... just cooking and cleaning (especially before Cindy's parents come back from China).

The 'bonding' thing is great in theory, but 24 hours with a little one can be quite intensive. But I won't get time like this very often, so I really should make the most of it.