Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A stroll @ The Gardens

The Gardens @ Mid Valley, that is. This new mall opened today and I decided to pop over after gym to check it out. So, here are the very first impressions of KL's newest shopping landmark.


This was what greeted me the moment I stepped into The Gardens. Loose wiring hanging everywhere. Exposed fluorescent light tubes still without their panel covers. Doesn't look like they're ready for business as there are still a lot of renovations going on everywhere. Sounds of hammering, soldering and nail guns firing can be heard all over the mall.

Some shops, though open for business, are still without signboards and employees can be seen unpacking stuff and putting up their window displays.

This is what it should look like with the beautiful covers in place.



The layout reminds me a lot of Suria KLCC. The one uncomfortable thing is walking around a mall that is covered in dust from the renovations. I had to walk cautiously as the dust made the floor slippery.




Very interesting skylight effects.




The design gives The Gardens an upmarket feel.


The thousands of sparkling lights on the left wall makes them look like twinkling stars in the night sky. Interesting light displays are projected on to the huge panels on the right.




This pharmacy (w/o signboard yet) has a very unique facade.


It's facade is designed to look like the inside of a traditional chinese medical hall.
(FYI, the drawers are used to store herbs used in TCM)



Cinnamon trader? No, it's a restaurant.

Does this mean Gurney Drive is moving to KL?



You'll find many retail big timers here.



Finally, Robinsons has come to town, I hear you say.



"Life imitating art?"
This lady must be thinking...

a) I can pose better than that mannequin

b) I wonder if that two-piece swimsuit comes with a Joanne Drew package

c) Does that bikini have a tear-proof guarantee?

d) I'm certain I can fit into that bikini swimsuit if I suck my stomach in.


Ok, ok. I'm just being cheeky.
She's actually an employee of the store figuring how to set up the window display.


So, there you go. Not too pleased with what I saw today but I'm sure when everything is in place, it'll be another shopping paradise. If you got the dough, that is.


1 comment:

C&C said...

Hmm, looks like it's got some kind of potential, though. Definitely has a KLCC Suria feel, which doesn't bode well for the price of goods!