Monday, March 26, 2007

A Day to Remember...


is a significant day to remember. Beginning today, I'm going to have to dig deeper into my pocket to pay for lunch and the parking fee when I go to the gym. As I've mentioned in one of my blogs, Midvalley Megamall's new car park rates takes effect from today. In addition to that, my regular lunch joint, the Oasis Food Court has also started to impose a 5% Govt tax on all food items.

Let's see, if I do not want to pay more than RM1 for parking, then I'll have to stay no more than 2 hours at the gym and then have the remaining 1 hour for a quick bite, do some chores like grocery shopping/banking and then leave! Phew... very stressful lah!

So, I think I'm resigned to the fact that I'll have to pay twice the amount for parking! Anyway, I don't want to have to rush my workouts. I want to enjoy the facilities provided. Like relaxing in the outdoor jacuzzi after a workout... or taking a dip in the pool... or laying on the deck chair & enjoying the breeze while listening to nice music or sermons on my MP3 player. It's when I can shut the rest of the world out and truly be relaxed.



You know, it was during those moments, I've hit on new ideas for my music or music-related stuff. Often times, we are too busy or too pre-occupied to be relaxed enough to "listen". Even when we're at home, we are not completely relaxed. You agree?




The Oasis Food Court. Lots of variety. You'll be spoilt for choices. Good food at reasonble prices (until now?). Well, I think it's still cheap even with the 5% tax. Noooo, I'm not paid to write these things.







Here's the proof. The receipt from my regular "Chap Fan" stall showing the 5% Govt tax.





Oh yes, I think the new car park rate has resulted in a slight improvement in the parking situation. As I was driving out of the Zone H area, I noticed quite a number of empty bays. They are usually full. And there were more people leaving the car park than usual.

Should we be hopeful?



2 comments:

C&C said...

"Often times, we are too busy or too pre-occupied to be relaxed enough to "listen". Even when we're at home, we are not completely relaxed. You agree?"

Yes, I totally agree. 'Time to listen' seems to be a rare commodity these days. I think time we spend driving or sitting in the bus/train is about the only time we can salvage from an otherwise busy life. Even then, we manage to get distracted by all sorts of things. Yet the Bible tells us to 'set our minds on things above' and as Paul says in Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

May God bless our thoughts!

eddy|c|s|m said...

Such is life in the city. We are almost always pre-occupied with our "busy-ness". We have lost the "art of relaxation".

Spending quality "quiet time" and reading His Word has become quite a challenge. Thank you for the timely reminder from Philippians 4:8.

We need to shift our focus back to things that are spiritually good and praiseworthy.